A Seasoned Oral Surgeon’s Perspectives: Post-COVID 19 Oral & Maxillofacial Manifestations
Renowned oral and maxillofacial surgeon Dr. Vijay Deshmukh will be presenting an online lecture on the perspectives of an oral surgeon on post-Covid oral & maxillofacial manifestations. Date of zoom session: 25th April 2021. Time 11 am
About the speaker: Dr. Vijay Deshmukh (MDS)
- Director, Deshmukh Institute of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Aurangabad, one of its kind in the country.
- Former Associate Professor & Head of the Dept. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Govt. Dental College& Hospital, Aurangabad-431001.
- Currently Professor & Head, Dept. of Dentistry, Indian Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Badnapur, Jalna.
- Academic experience of about 28 years.
- Received International Fellowship of Japan Dental Association for a study in Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery, at Shizuoka City Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan for 3 months in the year 1997.
- Received T C White Visiting Scholarship of Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow in the year 1999 for a study in Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery. This study was carried out at the world-famous Canniesburn Hospital, Scotland, Glasgow for a period of 3 months. Now honored as a visiting scholar at the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow.
Topic: Post Covid Oral & Maxillofacial Manifestations - Dental Surgeon's Perspective*
Date: 25th April 2021, Sunday
Time: 11 am to 1 pm
Venue: Virtual Platform Zoom App
Speaker: Dr. Vijay Deshmukh (Oral, Maxillofacial & Reconstructive Surgeon)
• To know the effect of the long term drugs like steroids, antibiotics, monoclonal antibodies used in the treatment of covid on the oral cavity
• To help identify the patients affected
• To identify the steps to be taken.
• To discuss opportunistic infections during the infection.
Registration is FREE for all.
1st 100 participants on ZOOM APP
Others can get connected LIVE on the IDA MWSB Youtube channel
Meeting Id: 865 5737 5440
IDA MWSB YouTube link:
The pandemic of COVID-19 has affected masses with the symptoms of mild to severe including mortality secondary to pulmonary complications. In order to avoid fatal complications, Covid patients receive multiple drugs like steroids, antibiotics, monoclonal antibodies. All these medications have their side effects leading to fungal infections having morbid oral & maxillofacial manifestations.
This presentation is destined to highlight the process & subsequent course of the disease. The role of dental surgeons is highlighted.