AIIMS & Union Health Ministry launch ‘eDantSeva’ web & app to reach out to over 1 billion people
New Delhi, India: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), and Union Health ministry have launched 'eDantSeva' website and mobile application - that will reach out to more than one billion people with just one click.
On the 7th of October 2019, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, in collaboration with the Union Health Ministry launched a unique digital platform 'e-DantSeva' - the first-ever website and mobile application on oral health awareness.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said the digital platform will provide oral health information gathered from authentic scientific resources and help people to get timely advice for managing their dental emergencies and various oral health problems. The 'eDantSeva' website and mobile application will reach out to more than one billion people with just one click, he added.
'e-DantSeva' contains information about the National Oral Health Programme, a detailed list of all the dental facility and colleges, Information, Education and Communication (IEC) material and a unique feature called the 'Symptom Checker'.
- Improvement in the determinants of oral health e.g. healthy diet, oral hygiene improvement etc. and to reduce disparity in oral health accessibility in rural & urban population.
- Reduce morbidity from oral diseases by strengthening oral health services at Sub district/district hospital to start with.
- Integrate oral health promotion and preventive services with general health care system and other sectors that influence oral health; namely various National Health Programs.
- Promotion of Public Private Partnerships (PPP) for achieving public health goals.
At e-DantSeva a dedicated email id - nohpindia[at]gmail[dot]com - is available to answer any questions people may have about their dental health and the choices that are available to address specific conditions.
The current initiatives in the domain of Oral Health include:
- Initiation of the Pit and Fissure Sealant Pilot Project in 2017 in collaboration with 12 dental colleges and institutes with a target to seal 53,750 permanent molars in children 6-14 years of age to prevent dental caries.
- Approval of AIIMS, New Delhi for the set up of the National Referral and Research Institute for Higher Dental Studies (NaRRIDS), an apex Institute for oral health research and tertiary care.
- Conduction of Regional and National Review Meetings and Workshops for the purpose of training and capacity building of State Nodal Officers
- Development of training manuals on oral health for para-dental staff, including oral health manuals for school teachers and healthcare workers
- Set up of Tobacco Cessation Centers in dental colleges across the country through a collaboration with the Dental Council of India.
- Development of IEC/ BCC materials to generate awareness on oral health, including posters, pamphlets, television commercial, radio jingle and games for children.
- Celebration of World Oral Health Day on 20th March across the country.
- Initiation of a Pilot Project on Oral Health Care of Pregnant Women in collaboration with the Dental Department at VMMC &Safdarjung Hospital
- Drafting of a National Oral Health Policy for India
- Engagement of stakeholders for phasing down on dental amalgam in India under the Minamata Convention